About Words of Hope Counselling Services
Tanis is the owner and one of the therapists at Words of Hope Counselling Services. She completed her Social Services Worker Diploma and Honours Bachelor of Social Work Degree from Lakehead University with first-class standings. Since this time she has been dedicated to upgrading her knowledge and skills through Post-Graduate studies and other various training specific to addictions, mental health, marriage success, parenting and family issues.
In the summer of 2017 Tanis upgraded her knowledge and skills taking a 4 Day EFCT (Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy) Internship by the originator of EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), Sue Johnson. Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy is viewed as the couples therapy with the highest rate of success because it views the love relationship as an attachment bond. This course was strictly related to counselling couples, a therapy regarded as one of the only empirically validated couples therapy today.
Tanis is a Registered Social Worker and has spent over 24 years of meticulous self-study. She has been providing counselling and therapy in many aspects and different settings for over 20 years. Tanis works with clients of varying ages including children, teens and adults. She lives in Barrie, enjoying the outdoors, with her four children and husband. She is actively involved in a local church and has volunteered her time with coordinating and leading the “Mom’s Need a Break” group, supporting children to cope with their grief and loss through the Rainbows Program, and facilitating various spiritual Small Groups. Tanis has also found pleasure and has had the opportunity to be a motivational speaker inspiring others to believe in one’s own worth.
She is dedicated to empowering her clients by providing them with the tools they need to live more fulfilling and successful lives. Many of Tanis’s clients have enjoyed her non-judgmental, honest and caring style. She is respectful and takes the time to fully understand the problems of her clients.
Words Of Hope clients are matched with the therapist that best meets their needs. When you call to book your appointment we will take the time to find the right fit for you. You can anticipate quality service including attributes of friendliness, acceptance, caring and sensitivity. With the professionalism of each of our counsellors you can also expect to have a positive experience! At Words Of Hope we truly believe in your value and worth.
To inspire hope and alleviate suffering, in all capacities, so that we can live more honorable, rewarding, joyful and productive lives.
The mission of Words of Hope is to be a leading counselling facility intended to encourage interpersonal growth through holistic integration of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual development.
Values and Principles
- All individuals adhering service will be respected and honoured, regardless of gender, race, faith orientation, ethnicity, sexual orientation or age.
- People need people. When we are in healthy relationships we can live more joyful lives.
- Balance is the key to a successful life. Having an awareness of these various areas and applying them is crucial to improvement.
- We are most content when we are helping others.
- We are born with free will, the right to choose and make our own decisions. With this gift comes responsibility. Responsibility for our life, our relationships, our families, our communities and our world.
- We all crave a deeper meaning to life. When we are aware, when we know what our purpose is we can change and grow to become more than we ever expected. Often this personal growth comes through tribulations and is a process.
Words of hope counsellors are dedicated to their clients and makes a commitment to provide only the best service they would want from a therapist. Words of hope counsellors are governed and regulated by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
The Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1988:
- To serve and protect the public interest
- To establish and enforce professional standards and ethical standards
- To promote high standards and quality assurance with respect to social work and social service work
Registered Social Worker (R.S.W)
Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
250 Bloor Street East, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
Ontario Association of Social Workers
Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
410 Jarvis Street
Toronto, On M4Y 2G6
Words of Hope Counselling Services may make recommendations for particular services or referrals to other professionals if a service needed falls outside the parameters of our competence and our professional scope of practice.
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore guard accordingly.”