We understand what it’s like to suffer the loss of a loved one, to feel insecure and angry, to not want to wake up in the morning, to struggle with fears that can be debilitating, to search for something better, something that makes sense, something that is true. We’d like to save you the time, the frustration, the misery of not knowing how to approach life. We’d like to share with you what we’ve learned along the way so that you can change and also become a confident stable individual that succeeds in life.
We offer a caring and un-biased approach which preserves your dignity. Please feel welcome to call or email and we will respond within 24 hours because we know if you are reaching out, you are in need and we don’t want to miss the opportunity to help you. You will get through this.
- Anxiety & Anxiety Disorders
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Concerns
- Anger Management
- Grief & Loss
- Parenting Issues
- Teen Issues
- Blended Family Issues
What is Therapy/Counselling?
- A process which an individual determines issues and makes important decisions to improve one’s situation and wellbeing, all with the support of a therapist.
- Involves speaking with a person in a comfortable private environment, enabling an individual to talk openly and freely, without the fear of criticism or judgment.
- Helps those who suffer from negative thoughts and past experiences to move forward in a positive direction.
- Can seem intimidating but if given a fair try, therapy is, oftentimes, an extremely worthwhile and positive experience.
- A process, depending on the degree of problem, which can take one session, a few sessions, or longer periods, ranging from months, usually not longer than 2 years.
Our therapists have been trained to use a variety of approaches to therapy. After the initial assessment and a good understanding of each unique client and his/her needs, a therapy approach is chosen. These can include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – has been proven to work well with those struggling with mental health issues. It helps clients to understand the connections between thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. Making a change in one area can influence the others.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy – is a well-researched model of therapy with a proven success rate with individuals, couples and families. It is based in attachment theory and uses the power of emotions to help clients to recognize where and why they are stuck in conflicts and how to restore positive connections.
- Solution-Focused Therapy – can be used a short-term therapy focusing on the solution as opposed to past experiences. Has been proven to work well with couples.