We understand what it’s like to suffer the loss of a loved one, to feel insecure and angry, to not want to wake up in the morning, to struggle with fears that can be debilitating, to search for something better, something that makes sense, something that is true. We’d like to save you the time, the frustration, the misery of not knowing how to approach life. We’d like to share with you what we’ve learned along the way so that you can change and also become a confident stable individual that succeeds in life.
We offer a caring and un-biased approach which preserves your dignity. Please feel welcome to call or email and we will respond within 24 hours because we know if you are reaching out, you are in need and we don’t want to miss the opportunity to help you. You will get through this.
Services Offered for Individual Counselling
- Anxiety & Anxiety Disorders
- Depression Counsellor
- Guidance Counsellor
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Concerns
- Anger Management Counselling
- Grief Counselling
- Grief & Loss
- Parenting Issues
- Teen Issues
- Blended Family Issues
“In certain ways, it could be said that all therapy is built on a foundation of hope. Hope that things can change: habits, behaviours, emotions, perspectives, problems, families, relationships and even people themselves.” – Unknown
What is Individual Therapy/Counselling?
- A process which an individual determines issues and makes important decisions to improve one’s situation and wellbeing, all with the support of a therapist.
- Involves speaking with a person in a comfortable private environment, enabling an individual to talk openly and freely, without the fear of criticism or judgment.
- Helps those who suffer from negative thoughts and past experiences to move forward in a positive direction.
- Can seem intimidating but if given a fair try, oftentimes an extremely worthwhile and positive experience.
- A process, depending on the degree of problem, which can take one session, a few sessions, or longer periods, ranging from months, usually not longer than 2 years.
Our therapists have been trained to use a variety of approaches to therapy. After the initial assessment and a good understanding of each unique client and his/her needs, a therapy approach is chosen. These can include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – has been proven to work well with those struggling with mental health issues. It helps clients to understand the connections between thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. Making a change in one area can influence the others.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy – is a well-researched model with a proven success rate with individuals, couples and families. It is based in attachment theory and uses the power of emotions to help clients to recognize where and why they are stuck in conflicts and how to restore positive connections.
- Solution-Focused Therapy – can be used a short-term therapy focusing on the solution as opposed to past experiences. Has been proven to work well with couples.
- Serving Barrie and local areas. We offer virtual counselling as well.
What is Depression Counselling?
Depression counselling is a form of therapy that is designed to help people who are struggling with depression. A depression counsellor will work with the individual to help them understand their depression and develop coping mechanisms. Depression counselling can be an important part of depression management. It can help people to understand their depression and learn how to deal with it. Depression counselling can also help people to develop healthy lifestyle choices and set realistic goals.
What is Anger Management?
Anger management is the process of learning to recognize and control the anger that you feel. Anger is a perfectly normal, healthy emotion, but when it’s out of control, it can lead to problems at work, in your relationships, and in your dealings with other people. Anger management therapy can help you learn how to express your anger more positively and take control of it before it takes control of you. Anger management therapy is typically conducted in group sessions, although individual therapy sessions are sometimes an option. In anger management therapy, you’ll learn about the physiology of anger and basic anger management techniques. You’ll also have a chance to practice those techniques in session under the guidance of a therapist. Anger management therapy can help you get your anger under control and start living a healthier, more productive life.
What is Anxiety Therapy?
Anxiety is a normal emotional response to stressors in our environment. It can help motivate us to take action and can promote adaptive behaviour. However, when anxiety becomes excessive, it can become debilitating and interfere with daily functioning. Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health disorders in the United States, affecting 40 million adults. Anxiety therapy is a form of treatment that can help people manage their anxiety and reduce its negative impact on their lives. Anxiety therapy typically involves cognitive-behavioural techniques, which allow people to identify and change the thoughts and behaviours contributing to their anxiety. In addition, relaxation and stress management techniques may help people cope with the physical symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety therapy can be an effective treatment for people with all anxiety disorders.