Join the Words Of Hope Team
Join the Words Of Hope Barrie Counselling Team
Words Of Hope Counselling Services is currently looking for an MSW Therapist and RP Psychotherapist to join our very busy practice. We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Barrie, with access to beautiful waterfront, restaurants, yoga studios and convenient bus routes.
Words Of Hope has a reputation within the community for our friendly professional service and we are looking for someone to work with us to build their caseload and provide Words Of Hope clients with the sensitivity and support they most certainly deserve.
At Words Of Hope you will work as an independent contractor with the added bonus of having the support of a team of counsellors. Every month you will have the opportunity to be heard and supported by a team of professionals to discuss cases and any other difficulties or challenges you may face as a therapist.
Our clinic provides counselling and psychotherapy services to couples and individuals across a broad spectrum of relational and mental health issues.
- Provide couples, individual, family and general counselling and psychotherapy services for a wide range of issues.
- Minimum Masters level education in Social Work (MSW).
- Candidate or Full Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers OR College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario.
- Must be able to work some evenings. Working weekends would be helpful too.
- Valid Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (within the past year).
- Valid Professional Liability Insurance maintained annually (approx $150 a year).
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to ethics and has strong interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED (CONSIDERED AN ASSET)
- Work experience with Couples / family therapy will be considered an asset, but is not required.
- Preference for clinicians who are ‘theoretically integrative’ and/or are willing to broaden their therapeutic skills through peer supervision, consultation, and additional training.
**potential for full-time hours if driven to build a caseload
- Conduct individual, couple and family therapy sessions in a private practice setting.
- Evaluate clients needs and create a custom treatment plan.
- Create and maintain progress notes, treatment plans, reports and any other written material in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper clinical interventions are implemented.
- Ensure strict confidentiality and data protection and upholding client privacy at all times.
- Maintain license per designation.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
- Flexible work hours and autonomy over caseload and scheduling.
- Beautiful downtown waterfront location to take a walk or lunch break.
- Individual supervision, group supervision, and/or peer support opportunities.
- A flexible, progressive, and supportive working environment.
- Shared use of our newly renovated office(s).
**Please note – we will only be considering applicants that live in Barrie.
Send cover letter and resume detailing your interest in the specific fit for this position (including your experience with specific issues/client populations that you serve). We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.