Marriage and Couples Counselling
We understand you and your spouse are in a challenging time and may be reluctant to “put yourself out there”. You can rest assured your issues will be respected and treated with the utmost sensitivity when it comes to marriage and couples counselling.
Our approach will safeguard your personal dignity. We don’t take sides; rather, we carefully listen to each person’s position and mediate healthy communication between you and your partner. By providing a safe environment, the root of the problem is addressed and corrected, allowing you to build a conflict-free relationship you can feel proud of.
We invite you to work with us at our private and comfortable office. To arrange a convenient one-50-minute session, call 705-220-3599. Don’t give up…there is always hope.
Call us today to get started in a new direction.
REASONS TO SEEK MARRIAGE AND COUPLES COUNSELLING
- To be successful in your relationship
- For your family’s well-being
- To regain trust, love and stability in your life
- Because your relationship is an investment and worth fighting for!
- There is so much pain and suffering involved in seperation and divorce
- Most conflict is just a matter of misunderstanding and poor communication
- It is never too late to seek help and support
- Counselling is an effective method of sorting out issues and restoring communication between couples
- It might NOT be “greener on the other side” but you will still have to mow the grass!
Our Marriage and Couples Counselling Approach
In our confidential marriage counselling or couples counselling sessions, we take a non-judgmental, unbiased stance allowing you to talk freely and without fear of being judged. Through experience and thoughtful consideration, we will locate the area creating a wedge in your relationship. With willingness and effort on your part, results occur right away.
You will sense at the end of session one that there is renewed hope in your relationship. Hope is the beginning and foundation of the therapy process and is vital in moving forward. Remember – couples therapy does not need to be a long, drawn-out process.
We employ the Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
THE GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY APPROACH
The Gottman Method Couples Therapy is a research-based approach to helping couples improve their relationships. It was developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, and is grounded in over 40 years of research on what makes marriages succeed or fail. The therapy aims to improve communication, increase intimacy, and reduce conflict in relationships.
Couples who choose the Gottman Method Couples Therapy will work with a trained therapist to identify areas of their relationship that need improvement and develop a plan to address these issues. The therapy uses research-based interventions that have been shown to be effective in improving relationships and focuses on building practical skills that couples can use in their everyday lives.
Whether you are struggling with communication, dealing with conflict, or just looking to deepen your connection, this therapy can help you build a stronger, healthier relationship that will last a lifetime.
THE GOTTMAN METHOD
‘SMALL THINGS OFTEN’ PODCAST
FREE RELATIONSHIP QUIZ
HOW MARRIAGE AND COUPLES COUNSELLING WORKS
There are no hard and fast rules to how couples therapy works, but generally, a couple will come to the first session together. We don’t waste time – we start talking about your concerns and the specific areas you would like to focus on right away. Before you leave our first session, we will provide feedback and discuss a plan of action. Direction is given, and our next steps will be determined.
You are not obligated in any way to commit to a certain number of sessions. This is your choice, and you are in the driver’s seat. You book your sessions as you see fit, one at a time, weekly or bi-weekly.
Sometimes it does not work out that you and your partner remain in counselling. This is perfectly ok. You can work with us one-on-one and address your issues of concern. You cannot go wrong with efforts to improve yourself. We are ultimately responsible for ourselves, and oftentimes the changes we make within can have a positive effect on the dynamic of your marriage or relationship.
In addition to Marriage and couples counselling, we also offer individual therapy for those who are experiencing difficult feelings of anger, sorrow, or grief as a result of a separation or divorce. Our compassionate therapists understand the profound impact these life changes can have, and we’re here to support you through this challenging time. Whether you’re struggling with the immediate emotional aftermath or grappling with longer-term adjustments, our personalized approach to therapy can provide the tools and insights you need to heal and move forward. We believe in empowering our clients to rediscover strength, connection, and hope, and we’re committed to walking this journey with you.
Is Your Relationship in Trouble?
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS:
- How often do you compliment your partner? Have you told them lately – they are the most beautiful person in the world, what a good parent they have become, what a great meal they made.
- Do you treat your partner with respect?
- When was the last time you set aside some time and asked your partner out on a date?
- When was the last time you told your partner that you believed in them?
- When your partner wants to talk intimately do you give them your full attention?
- How often do you encourage your partner and tell them that you love them?
- Have you ever thought about what your partner’s love language is? It could be as simple as taking care of the children for the afternoon so they can have a break OR sweeping the floor.
- Have you considered your partner’s needs lately? When was the last time you set aside time for sex with your partner?
Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT):
Our skilled therapists use EFT to guide couples in understanding and expressing their emotions in a safe and supportive environment. By focusing on emotional experiences, EFT helps identify patterns that may be causing distress in the relationship. Through this process, couples develop new, healthier ways of relating and communicating.
Experience the power of Emotion-Focused Therapy at Words of Hope, where we are dedicated to helping couples build stronger, more resilient connections. Embrace the potential for deeper understanding, emotional intimacy, and lasting harmony in your relationship with the support of EFT.